Whether you’re walking, cycling, or enjoying family time, OS maps puts Great Britain’s most detailed leisure mapping at your fingertips. Simple to use and feature rich, it’s invaluable for enjoying the outdoors.
DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
• Get standard, greenspace and aerial mapping of Great Britain all for free
• If you’ve purchased an OS Explorer or Landranger map, use the app to download a digital version using the unique code on the inside of your map.
UNLOCK MORE WITH PREMIUM
• OS Explorer 1: 25,000 and OS Landranger 1:50,000 maps: subscribe to unlock the detail and accuracy of our paper leisure maps across the whole country
• All our maps on all of your devices: View, create and sync your activities between desktop and mobile. On desktop, use our 3D Aerial Layer to plan your route terrain or just explore in stunning 3D
• Record and follow routes: Plot a route to follow or share – or record your route while you’re out and about.
• Offline maps: Download your favourite areas to view offline – so you can view any part of GB even without a mobile signal.
• Augmented Reality: Our new AR feature means you can pan the landscape to see what’s nearby including hills and mountains, forest and woodland, transport, settlements, coast and water. And, with one click, find local area information with routes, places to stay and local images (requires compass, accelerometer and gyroscope on device).
• Export Routes: export your favourites routes to your GPX device
Battery life can be dramatically decreased by using GPS constantly.
We release updates to all of our apps as we improve them, making them even more stable and adding extra features. Along the way, your feedback and comments about those apps are really important to us. If there’s something you’d like us to know, please tell us via Twitter @OSLeisure, by phone on 03454 56 04 20, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We've fixed a bug!
- we've improved the zoom range in our some of our map payers (Standard Map, Offroad Routing and Greenspace)
We've fixed a bug!
- the map did not move to the current location, when you clicked the icon.
We've fixed some bugs!
- password reset emails were taking a long time to arrive
- the map did not move to the start point of an opened route.
- the coordinates displayed for a chosen location were not using British National Grid
We have reverted to this stable version of OS Maps while we fix an issue that affected some users with the new version 2.0; as soon as we have fixed this issue, we'll release the new version. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
This release will enable us to update our authentication process to make logging in faster and more stable.
• Bug fixes to improve app stability
• Bug fix for offline maps notification
• Bug fix for discovered routes always visible after search
• Bug fix for AR
• Bug fixes
• Fix for Android 4.4.
• You can now add routes to a Favourites list which syncs between web and mobile
• Ratings are now available for routes
• The route card is clearer and easier to use with sunrise / sunset information
• We’ve added a compass to help navigation
• You can now adjust your average speeds used in time calculations
• We’ve fixed some bugs (including routes / activities not saving and routes not showing when you navigate away from, then back to, the app)
• Bug fixes and improvements
• Download offline maps for routes
• Improved route sharing
• Bug fixes
• Enhanced zoom for Explorer maps• Improved route export process
Custom route styling – choose the colour, width and transparency of you route lines to make navigation as easy as possible.Improved zoom levels for mapping.Bug fixes.
This release includes a few minor bug fixes to improve preferences and My Activities
Addition of 'My Activities' feature to keep track of your outdoor adventures with a new mileage tracker. If your New Year's resolution is to GetOutside more often, or even #walk1000miles then 'My Activities' allows you to use OS Maps to log each activity and monitor how you’re getting on.
A few minor updates to improve synchronisation of routes.
Fix for route synchronisation.
Bug fixes to improve app stability.
Addition of the OS Maps Augmented Reality mode (for supported devices): helping you see beyond the edge of the map by showing features in the surrounding area. OS Maps Augmented Reality (AR) includes over 200,000 features covering: Coast and Water, Hills, Settlements, Transport and Woodland.Note: the AR feature requires certain sensors to work. If you can't see an AR icon, your phone does not support AR.This update also includes some minor bug fixes and improvements to GPS recording.
New Features:* With route syncing, you can now create, save and view routes across web and mobile* We've fixed a digital download bug and improved some minor import issues* And we've improved the OS Maps app overall, making it more reliable and responsiveKnown issues:* Redeemed maps may be slow on some devices, which we hope to address soon.
Addition of OS Open Greenspace layer depicting the location and extent of spaces such as parks and sports facilities that are likely to be accessible to the public and, where appropriate, their access points.
Bug fixes:* A fix for redeeming paper maps on device – now shows all maps redeemed.Known issues:* Redeemed maps may be slow on some devices, which we hope to address soon.We are continually working on enhancements to the application to provide you the best possible experience and welcome feedback.Love OS Maps? then please rate us (with 5 stars!) and tell others about your experience in the Play Store